AJAX METAL PROCESSING, INC.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SERVICES
- Applicability. These terms and conditions for services (these “Terms“) are the only terms that govern the provision of services by Ajax Metal Processing, Inc. (“Service Provider“). The accompanying proposal or quotation (the “Quotation“) and these Terms (collectively, this “Agreement“) comprise the entire agreement between Service Provider and the applicable customer (“Customer”), and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the Quotation, the Quotation shall govern. These Terms prevail over any of Customer’s general terms and conditions regardless whether or when Customer has submitted its request for proposal, order, or such terms. Provision of services to Customer does not constitute acceptance of any of Customer’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms. SERVICE PROVIDER’S PROPOSALS AND QUOTATIONS ARE EXPRESSLY MADE CONDITIONAL ON CUSTOMER’S ASSENT TO THE ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TERMS SET FORTH HEREIN WHICH REPRESENT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UPON WHICH SERVICE PROVIDER OFFERS TO PROVIDE SERVICES TO CUSTOMER. ANY PROPOSAL FOR ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TERMS OR ANY ATTEMPT BY CUSTOMER TO VARY IN ANY DEGREE ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT IN CUSTOMER’S ACCEPTANCE IS HEREBY OBJECTED TO AND REJECTED BY SERVICE PROVIDER. THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT ARE EXCLUSIVE.
- Services. Service Provider shall provide the services to Customer as described in the Quotation (the “Services“) in accordance with these Terms. Service Provider shall use reasonable efforts to meet any performance dates specified in the Quotation, and any such dates shall be estimates only.
- Customer’s Obligations. Customer shall: (a) cooperate with Service Provider in all matters relating to the Services and provide such access to Customer’s premises, and such office accommodation and other facilities as may reasonably be requested by Service Provider, for the purposes of performing the Services; (b) respond promptly to any Service Provider request to provide direction, information, approvals, authorizations or decisions that are reasonably necessary for Service Provider to perform Services in accordance with the requirements of this Agreement; (c) provide such customer materials or information as Service Provider may request to carry out the Services in a timely manner and ensure that such customer materials or information are complete and accurate in all material respects; and (d) obtain and maintain all necessary licenses and consents and comply with all applicable laws in relation to its business and receipt of the Services before the date on which the Services are to start. If Service Provider’s performance of its obligations under this Agreement is prevented or delayed by any act or omission of Customer or its agents, subcontractors, consultants or employees, Service Provider shall not be deemed in breach of its obligations under this Agreement or otherwise liable for any costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by Customer, in each case, to the extent arising directly or indirectly from such prevention or delay.
- Change Orders. If either party wishes to change the scope or performance of the Services, it shall submit details of the requested change to the other party in writing. Service Provider shall, within a reasonable time after such request, provide a written estimate to Customer of: (a) the likely time required to implement the change; (b) any necessary variations to the fees and other charges for the Services arising from the change; (c) the likely effect of the change on the Services; and (d) any other impact the change might have on the performance of this Agreement. Promptly after receipt of the written estimate, the parties shall negotiate and agree in writing on the terms of such change (a “Change Order“). Neither party shall be bound by any Change Order unless mutually agreed upon in writing in accordance with Section 20. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Service Provider may, from time to time change the Services without the consent of Customer provided that such changes do not materially affect the nature or scope of the Services, or the fees or any performance dates set forth in the Quotation. Service Provider may charge for the time it spends assessing and documenting a change request from Customer on a time and materials basis in accordance with the Quotation.
- Fees and Expenses; Payment Terms; Interest on Late Payments. In consideration of the provision of the Services by Service Provider and the rights granted to Customer under this Agreement, Customer shall pay the fees set forth in the Quotation. Customer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Service Provider within thirty (30) days of Service Provider’s invoice. Customer shall make all payments hereunder in US dollars. In the event payments are not received by Service Provider when due, Service Provider may: (a) charge interest on any such unpaid amounts at a rate of 2% per month or, if lower, the maximum amount permitted under applicable law, from the date such payment was due until the date paid; and (b) suspend performance for all Services until payment has been made in full. Customer shall also be liable for all costs of collection, suit and reasonable attorney fees. Customer shall be responsible for all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any federal, state or local governmental entity on any amounts payable by Customer hereunder. Service Provider may add to its fees and Customer agrees to pay for the price of additional Services or portions of Services made necessary by incomplete or inaccurate information provided by Customer. In no event shall Customer be entitled to deduct, counterclaim, hold back or set off against the price of Services or against any other amount owing under the Agreement or otherwise, any damages, liquidated damages, liens, claims or alleged claims arising out of the Agreement or any other transaction with Service Provider. Service Provider may demand, at any time, assurance of Customer’s due performance hereunder, including, without limitation, demanding that one or more deposits, letters of credit or other assurances be provided by Customer. Upon making such demand, Service Provider may suspend its performance until Customer has provided such assurances. If, within the period stated in such demand, but in no event longer than thirty (30) days, Customer fails to give adequate assurances of due performance, Service Provider may, in its sole discretion and without any requirement to do so, treat such failure or refusal as a repudiation by Customer of the portion of the Agreement not then fully performed, whereupon Service Provider may cancel all further performance and any amounts unpaid hereunder shall immediately become due and payable.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, patent disclosures and inventions (whether patentable or not), trademarks service marks, trade secrets, know-how and other confidential information, trade dress, trade names, logos, corporate names and domain names, together with all of the goodwill associated therewith, derivative works and all other rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights“) in and to all documents, work product and other materials that are delivered to Customer under this Agreement or prepared by or on behalf of Service Provider in the course of performing the Services, including any items identified as such in the Quotation (collectively, the “Deliverables“) shall be owned by Service Provider. Service Provider hereby grants Customer a license to use all Intellectual Property Rights embedded in the Deliverables free of additional charge and on a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable, fully paid-up, royalty-free and perpetual basis to the extent necessary to enable Customer to use of the Deliverables and the Services for the purposes for which they are provided.
- Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Service Provider, including, but not limited to, trade secrets, technology, information pertaining to business operations and strategies, and information pertaining to customers, pricing, and marketing (collectively, “Confidential Information“), disclosed by Service Provider to Customer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential,” in connection with the provision of the Services and this Agreement is confidential, and shall not be disclosed or copied by Customer without the prior written consent of Service Provider. Service Provider shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section.
- Representation and Warranty. Service Provider represents and warrants to Customer that it shall perform the Services in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with generally recognized industry standards for similar services. The Service Provider shall not be liable for a breach of the foregoing representation and warranty unless Customer gives written notice of the defective Services, reasonably described, to Service Provider within five (5) days of the time when Customer discovers or ought to have discovered that the Services were defective. In addition, any further processing, assembly or other work performed on parts after processing by the Service Provider is at the Customer’s risk and no warranty claim will be considered due to deformity, embrittlement, sticking, filling of recesses, tangling, nicking, introduction of foreign material or alteration of material in the finishing process except as may otherwise be agreed by Service Provider in writing. Subject to the foregoing, Service Provider shall, in its sole discretion, either: (a) repair or re-perform such Services (or the defective part); or (b) credit or refund the price of such Services at the pro rata contract rate. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION SHALL BE THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SERVICE PROVIDER’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THE LIMITED REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION. It is expressly understood that any technical advice furnished by Service Provider with respect to the production or use of its Services is given without charge, and Service Provider assumes no obligation or liability for the advice given or results obtained, all such advice being given or accepted at Customer’s risk. Service Provider is not an engineering firm. Any issues, concerns, specifications or requirements for Customer’s use of the Services is beyond Service Provider’s knowledge and Customer agrees no reliance is given to any suggestion or advice given by Service Provider. Service Provider has not been provided with and has made no advice, recommendations or representation that the Services specified are adequate for the purpose Customer intends. All descriptions, specifications and illustrations of Services in catalogues, brochures and price lists otherwise provided by Service Provider and not expressly and specifically incorporated in the Agreement were and are for general guidance only, and Service Provider is not responsible for any errors or omissions therein or for any loss or damage resulting from reliance thereon.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 8 ABOVE, SERVICE PROVIDER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (C) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (D) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
- Limitation of Liability.
a. IN NO EVENT SHALL SERVICE PROVIDER BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT OR LOSS OF DATA OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SERVICE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
b. IN NO EVENT SHALL SERVICE PROVIDER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AGGREGATE AMOUNTS PAID TO SERVICE PROVIDER PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE QUOTATION IN THE SIX-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
In addition to any remedies that may be provided under this Agreement, Service Provider may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Customer, if Customer: (a) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement and such failure continues for ten (10) days after Customer’s receipt of written notice of nonpayment; (b) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of the terms of this Agreement, in whole or in part; or (c) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
No waiver by Service Provider of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Service Provider. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates or may be construed as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
- Force Majeure.
The Service Provider shall not be liable or responsible to Customer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Service Provider including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
Customer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Service Provider. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Customer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
- Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
- Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Michigan. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby excluded and shall have no effect on the Agreement.
- Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Michigan in each case located in Michigan, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
- Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice“) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth in the Quotation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
- Severability; Amendment. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. This Agreement may only be amended or modified in a writing which specifically states that it amends this Agreement and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
- Survival. Provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should apply beyond their terms, will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Agreement including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Confidentiality, Limitation of Liability, Governing Law, Submission to Jurisdiction and Survival.